Pretty Picture of a Deluge

Last Saturday, our ride was supposed to be 50+ miles from Los Altos to San Mateo with a climb up to Skyline Blvd. HOWEVER, when we got to Woodside, it started raining pretty hard. It was my first time riding in a rain storm. It's not very fun. Even though I had a waterproof jacket, your face gets constantly blasted with road spray and grime from fellow riders' tires. The worst part of all is that it's very hard to brake on a bike in the rain! I had to give my brakes the "death grip" to keep from running into fellow riders or past stop lights.

Sensibly, we turned back at Edgewood Road in Woodside. As we were riding back, we passed the TNT Run team, which was also out at Woodside. That's what caused the rain! It always rains on the run team when they go to Woodside!

I painstakingly created this pretty picture of our route. I hope you like it!

No comments: